Thursday 28 February 2013

Varanasi

Today I saw Varanasi one of the oldest cities on the face of the earth. It was built so long ago people believed that it was built by the God Shiva. Whatever built this city one thing is for certain: it hass seen much better days. The city is overflowing with poverty and I cant believe how people can live in such conditions. Child labour is rampant and the city feels like a shell of its former self. While India may be a country that is quickly finding itself in the world, domestic problems still exist, and I hope that one day they may be resolved. However the river Ganges flows though the city and people flock to it in droves. Being one of the most sacred things on the planet to their religion I cannot blame them. I believe that it may be some time before the situation changes here, but I am confidant that it will.


No comments:

Post a Comment