Monday 18 February 2013

The Arrival

I have just arrived into Bangalore from my flight and I can already tell that im in another world. The sights and smells are overwhelming my senses. On one side I see businessmen going about their day just like any other westerner, but on the other I see people wearing robes: chanting and praying. I saw several statues around the area outside the airport early on dedicated to the Hindu Gods and other ones dedicated to importent men in Indian history. The food here is incredible, I can honestly say I have never tasted flavour in my entire life until I came here. Just going to a food stand and ordering some chicken has really opened my senses to the entire situation and I feel as though that through one simple bite of tandoori chicken I have realized all that I have missed out on back home. Walking to the hotel that I booked I couldn't help but see that the poverty here is overwhelming, it makes me sad to see that so many children go hungry here, maybe this is a part of my journey: reflection on how good I have it in my life. Whatever the case its time for some sleep its going to be quite an adventure and I just took my first step.


No comments:

Post a Comment