Thursday 28 February 2013

Ajanta Ellora

To my great surprise today I had arrived in Ajanta Ellora, the world famous cave system. A place of study for ancient Buddhist monks these caves could have been seen as an ancient collage or University for those wishing to take the teachings of Buddha to the next level.  I find this to be a very interesting point of history, that even back in the early days of civilization people still yearned to find a higher education for themselves. The caves themselves are beautiful beyond imagination with paintings that are as old as they are elaborate. Being in such a place gave me such a sense of wonder that I have not felt ever since I was little, my imagination ran wild with what happened here in its prime. This has to have been one of the most eye opening experiences in my life.



No comments:

Post a Comment