Wednesday 20 February 2013

The Long Ride

Yesterday I was on a day long bus ride as part of my travels in the country.While I was initially optimistic about the experience nothing could have prepared me for the bordom, foul odours and heat that I had found on the bus. The constant screams of bored children had nearly caused me to blow a blood vessel. Luckily there were frequent stops on the countryside and they were usually next to local vendors, where I could stock up on food and drink. However roughly halfway through the trip the airconditioning on the bus failed and the bus had become a oven on wheels. The smells of spice and body odor had come together to form an almost unbelievable and putrid stench that permeated the air around the bus. Eventually the trip ended and now im ready to go see my next destination tomorrow  The Taj Mahal.


No comments:

Post a Comment